BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE | FOR ALL LIFE STAGES
NEW ENGLAND MACKEREL, HERRING, FLOUNDER, REDFISH, MONKFISH & SILVER HAKE
PACKED WITH FRESH, SUSTAINABLE, AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH FROM NEW ENGLAND TO SATISFY YOUR CAT’S BIOLOGICAL NEED FOR A PROTEIN-RICH DIET.
Brimming with 40% richly nourishing protein, ORIJEN Six Fish nourishes cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
A full 2/3 of our fish is FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top six fish ingredients.
Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh, whole fish (including meat and bone) provide virtually every nutrient your cat needs with a taste that they crave.
Our dried fish are specially prepared at 200ºF from fresh, whole, wild-caught fish, to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
Infusions of gently freeze-dried cod liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
IS YOUR CAT'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE?
Cats are hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws, and digestive system are all adapted for meat-concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meat and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate cat foods mirror the natural diet and answer three meat questions:
ORIJEN leads its class in premium fish inclusions.
All from fish from federally inspected facilities prior to inclusion in our foods.
2/3 of fish are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
A variety of fish in WholePrey ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
Wild-caught silver hake
3 SUPPLEMENTS – CHOLINE, ZINC, AND COPPER
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive. That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh fish, organs and cartilage or bone, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
INGREDIENTS WE LOVE FROM PEOPLE WE TRUST
Whole Atlantic mackerel, whole Atlantic herring, ﬂounder, Acadian redﬁsh, Atlantic monkﬁsh, silver hake, mackerel meal, herring meal, blue whiting meal, Alaskan pollock oil, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, cod meal, pollock meal, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole navy beans, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, sunflower oil, natural cod ﬂavor, safflower oil, lentil ﬁber, choline chloride, freeze-dried cod liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, mixed tocopherols (preservative), kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, pumpkin seeds, sunﬂower seeds, dried kelp, zinc proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, copper proteinate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your cat shares her eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wildcat, which means she’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein, and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 40% Crude fat (min.) 20% Crude ash (max.) 9% Crude fiber (max.) 3% Moisture (max.) 10% DHA (min.) 1.1% EPA (min.) 0.65% Calcium (min.) 1.5% Phosphorus (min.) 1.3% Magnesium (min.) 0.1% Taurine (min.) 0.3% Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.5% Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 2% Total Microorganisms* (min.) (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus casei) 100MM CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
- ORIJEN foods mirror the natural diet, incorporating richly nourishing whole fish that deliver nutrients naturally, thus limiting supplementation to choline, zinc, and copper. Vitamins
Vitamin A 25.0 kIU/kg Vitamin D3 2.80 kIU/kg Vitamin E 300 IU/kg Thiamine (B1) 26.0 mg/kg Riboflavin (B2) 27.0 mg/kg Pan. Acid (B5) 33.0 mg/kg Niacin (B3) 250 mg/kg Pyridoxine (B6) 26.0 mg/kg Vitamin K 1.50 mg/kg Folic Acid 2.00 mg/kg Vitamin B12 0.20 mg/kg Choline 2,500 mg/kg
Potassium 1.00% Sodium 0.70% Chloride 1.10% Iron 130 mg/kg Copper 20.0 mg/kg Manganese 10.0 mg/kg Zinc 100 mg/kg Iodine 3.00 mg/kg Selenium 1.57 mg/kg
- In nature, cats and wildcats meet their nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole prey animals and fish. Similarly, ORIJEN provides essential amino acids from natural and highly bio-available sources.
Arginine 2.59% Histidine 1.07% Isoleucine 1.82% Leucine 3.13% Lysine 3.34% Methionine 1.05% Phenylalanine 1.78% Threonine 1.79% Tryptophan 0.48% Valine 2.14% Cystiene 0.35%
- Botanicals mimic the natural diet, acting as tonics and builders to strengthen organs, aid digestion, and eliminate toxins by stimulating physiological processes, like cleansing the liver.
Chicory Root 200 mg/kg Turmeric 200 mg/kg Sarsaparilla Root 150 mg/kg Althea (Marshmallow) Root 150 mg/kg Rosehips 150 mg/kg Juniper Berries 150 mg/kg
RICH IN FISH & PROTEIN Loaded with 90% wild-caught fish ingredients, ORIJEN Six Fish features a richly nourishing and Biologically Appropriate protein level of 40% to replicate your cat’s natural diet. RICH IN ESSENTIAL FISH OILS For amazing skin and coat conditioning, ORIJEN’s unique WholePrey ratios of fresh fish are naturally rich in essential fatty acids, including Omega-3, DHA, and EPA that are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut, or sunflower.
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age, and activity. That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
† Use a standard 8-ounce measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. ORIJEN Six Fish Cat is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet. Calorie content (calculated): ME 4060 kcal/kg, 463 kcal per 8oz. cup. Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 39% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruit, and 44% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wildcat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat and fish that cats have evolved to eat.
- All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from fish and meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 90% fish (2/3 fresh or raw; 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 40% richly nourishing fish protein
- Our dried fish is prepared at 200°F from fresh, whole fish to create a concentrated source of protein (not the industry standard of bones and trimmings)
- NO gluten or grains
- Fresh meat is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the fish are fresh or raw, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form
- 1/3 of fish are dried and prepared at low temperatures from fresh fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone
- In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meat and fish. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Six Fish features a rich diversity of fresh fish in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish your cat’s peak health:
- Fresh, whole mackerel from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole herring from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole flounder from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole redfish from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole monkfish from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole silver hake from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals to perfectly meet your cat’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey ratios of fish, organs, and cartilage or bone mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only choline, zinc and copper are added. The WholePrey diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Fish – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fat, and amino acids.
- Cartilage or Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in a natural form that your cat’s body can easily absorb.
- While cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates, some cat foods still contain large amounts of potato and tapioca. Biologically Appropriate ORIJEN Six Fish is a protein-rich food featuring only fresh vegetables and fruit which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.