BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE | FOR ALL LIFE STAGES
RANCH-RAISED BEEF, WILD BOAR, BOER GOAT, GRASS-FED LAMB, YORKSHIRE PORK & WILD-CAUGHT MACKEREL
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE: MIRROR THE QUANTITY, FRESHNESS, AND VARIETY OF MEAT YOUR CAT HAS EVOLVED TO EAT.
Brimming with 40% richly nourishing protein, ORIJEN nourishes cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
A full 2/3 of our meat ingredients are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients.
Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh meat (including muscle meat, organs, and cartilage or bone) provide virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive, with a taste that they crave.
Our dried meat is specially prepared at 200°F from fresh meat, to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
Infusions of freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for picky cats.
IS YOUR CAT'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE?
Cats are hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws, and digestive system are all adapted for meat-concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meat and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate cat foods mirror the natural diet and answer three meat questions:
ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
All from animals from federally inspected facilities prior to inclusion in our foods.
2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
A variety of meats in WholePrey ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
ONLY 1 SUPPLEMENT – ZINC
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive. That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus fresh, whole fish and cage-free eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
INGREDIENTS WE LOVE FROM PEOPLE WE TRUST
Deboned beef, deboned wild boar, deboned goat, deboned lamb, lamb liver, beef liver, beef tripe, wild boar liver, deboned mutton, beef heart, whole Atlantic mackerel, deboned pork, goat meal, beef meal, lamb meal, mackerel meal, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, beef kidney, pork liver, mutton meal, cod meal, beef fat, herring meal, natural pork flavor, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole navy beans, whole chickpeas, pork heart, pork kidney, pollock oil, lamb tripe, lentil fiber, wild boar cartilage, beef cartilage, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, choline chloride, mixed tocopherols, dried kelp, zinc proteinate, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, carrots, apples, pears, freeze-dried beef liver, freeze-dried beef tripe, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried lamb tripe, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, thiamine mononitrate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your cat shares her eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wildcat, which means she’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein, and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 40% Crude fat (min.) 20% Crude ash (max.) 10% Crude fiber (max.) 3% Moisture (max.) 10% DHA (min.) 0.45% EPA (min.) 0.25% Calcium (min.) 1.9% Phosphorus (min.) 1.4% Magnesium (min.) 0.1% Taurine (min.) 0.2% Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2% Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 1.2% Total Microorganisms* (min.) (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus casei) 100MM CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
- ORIJEN foods mirror the natural diet, incorporating meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally and limit supplementation to zinc. Vitamins
Vitamin A 48.0 kIU/kg Vitamin D3 1.62 kIU/kg Vitamin E 300 IU/kg Thiamine (B1) 30.0 mg/kg Riboflavin (B2) 29.0 mg/kg Pan. Acid (B5) 25.0 mg/kg Niacin (B3) 175 mg/kg Pyridoxine (B6) 21.0 mg/kg Folic Acid 2.30 mg/kg Vitamin B12 0.22 mg/kg Choline 2,480 mg/kg
Potassium 0.80% Sodium 0.50% Chloride 0.80% Iron 250 mg/kg Copper 30.0 mg/kg Manganese 16.0 mg/kg Zinc 200 mg/kg Iodine 2.10 mg/kg Selenium 1.02 mg/kg
- In nature, cats and wildcats meet their nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole prey animals and fish. Similarly, ORIJEN provides essential amino acids from natural and highly bio-available sources.
Arginine 2.62% Histidine 0.93% Isoleucine 1.55% Leucine 3.00% Lysine 2.74% Methionine 0.76% Phenylalanine 1.69% Threonine 1.62% Tryptophan 0.44% Valine 2.03% Cystiene 0.40%
- Botanicals mimic the natural diet, acting as tonics and builders to strengthen organs, aid digestion, and eliminate toxins by stimulating physiological processes, like cleansing the liver.
Chicory Root 200 mg/kg Turmeric 200 mg/kg Sarsaparilla Root 150 mg/kg Althea (Marshmallow) Root 150 mg/kg Rosehips 150 mg/kg Juniper Berries 150 mg/kg
RICH IN MEAT & PROTEIN Loaded with 90% quality animal ingredients, ORIJEN Regional Red features a richly nourishing and Biologically Appropriate protein level of 40% to replicate your cat’s natural diet. RICH IN ANIMAL FAT Animal fat is essential for peak health. For amazing skin and coat conditioning, ORIJEN’s unique WholePrey ratios of fresh meat are naturally rich in essential fatty acids. DHA AND EPA FROM FRESH FISH Fresh, whole fish are a Biologically Appropriate source of DHA and EPA, which are essential for your cat’s immune and nervous systems. DHA and EPA are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut, or sunflower.
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age, and activity. That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember to always keep fresh, clean water available.
† Use a standard 8-ounce measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. ORIJEN Regional Red Cat is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet. Calorie content (calculated): ME 4060 kcal/kg, 463 kcal per 8oz. cup. Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 40% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruit, and 44% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wildcat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat that cats have evolved to eat.
- All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from animal ingredients. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 90% animal ingredients (2/3 fresh or raw; 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 40% richly nourishing protein
- Our dried meat is prepared from fresh meat, and dried at 200 °F to create a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
- NO gluten or grains
- Fresh meat is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meat ingredients are fresh or raw, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form
- 1/3 are dehydrated at low temperatures for a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone
- In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meat. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Regional Red features a rich diversity of fresh red meat and fish in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish your cat’s peak health:
- Fresh, ranch-raised beef from Kentucky ranches
- Fresh wild boar from Texas farms
- Fresh Boer goat from Kentucky farms
- Fresh grass-fed lamb from Kentucky farms
- Fresh Yorkshire pork from Kentucky farms
- Fresh, whole, wild-caught mackerel from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals to perfectly meet your cat’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc is added. The WholePrey diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fat, and amino acids.
- Cartilage or Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb
- While cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates, some cat foods still contain large amounts of potato and tapioca. Biologically Appropriate ORIJEN Regional Red is a protein-rich food featuring only fresh vegetables and fruit which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.