BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE | FOR ALL LIFE STAGES
FREE-RUN CHICKEN & TURKEY, WILD-CAUGHT FISH, AND CAGE-FREE EGGS
CATS AND KITTENS ARE BUILT LIKE THEIR ANCESTORS, POSSESSING A BIOLOGICAL NEED FOR A DIET RICH AND VARIED IN ANIMAL PROTEIN.
With 40% richly nourishing protein, ORIJEN nourishes cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of the meat ingredients are from dehydrated chicken and turkey (air-dried at low temperatures from fresh meat) for a concentrated source of protein.
2/3 of the meat ingredients are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients.
Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus fresh, whole fish, and cage-free eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs.
Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, giving ORIJEN a taste that cats crave.
IS YOUR CAT'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE?
Cats are hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws, and digestive system are all adapted for meat-concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meat and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate cat foods mirror the natural diet and answer three meat questions:
ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
All from animals from federally inspected facilities prior to inclusion in our foods.
2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
A variety of meats in WholePrey ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
3 SUPPLEMENTS – CHOLINE, ZINC, AND COPPER
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive. That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetic supplements in ORIJEN cat food. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus fresh, whole fish, and cage-free eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat or kitten needs to thrive.
INGREDIENTS WE LOVE FROM PEOPLE WE TRUST
Deboned chicken, deboned turkey, cage-free eggs, Atlantic flounder, whole Atlantic mackerel, chicken liver, turkey liver, whole Atlantic herring, chicken heart, turkey heart, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated mackerel, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated egg, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, chicken fat, chicken necks, chicken kidney, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole navy beans, whole chickpeas, natural chicken flavor, pollock oil, ground chicken bone, chicken cartilage, lentil fiber, turkey cartilage, choline chloride, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, mixed tocopherols (preservative), dried kelp, zinc proteinate, freeze-dried chicken liver, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, apples, pears, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, thiamine mononitrate, copper proteinate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Although they may look different, your cat shares her DNA and eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wildcat, which means she’s adapted for a diet rich and varied in meat.
Crude protein (min.) 40% Crude fat (min.) 20% Crude ash (max.) 9% Crude fiber (max.) 3% Moisture (max.) 10% DHA (min.) 0.2% EPA (min.) 0.2% Calcium (min.) 1.4% Phosphorus (min.) 1% Magnesium (min.) 0.1% Taurine (min.) 0.2% Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 3.5 % Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.8 % Total Microorganisms* (min.) (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus casei) 100MM CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
- ORIJEN’s high WholePrey ratios of fresh poultry, meat, and fish provide a rich source of vitamins and minerals, most of which are derived naturally from our whole food ingredients, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic additives. Vitamins
Vitamin A 16.0 kIU/kg Vitamin D3 1,500 IU/kg Vitamin E 1,100 IU/kg Thiamine (B1) 20.0 mg/kg Riboflavin (B2) 15.0 mg/kg Pan. Acid (B5) 23.0 mg/kg Niacin (B3) 125 mg/kg Pyridoxine (B6) 25.0 mg/kg Folic Acid 2.00 mg/kg Vitamin B12 0.11 mg/kg Choline 3,300 mg/kg
Potassium 0.80% Sodium 0.40% Chloride 0.60% Iron 100 mg/kg Copper 25.0 mg/kg Manganese 15.0 mg/kg Magnesium 0.10% Zinc 150 mg/kg Iodine 2.40 mg/kg Selenium 1.00 mg/kg
- In nature, cat and wildcats meet their nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole prey animals and whole fish. Similarly, ORIJEN provides essential amino acids from natural and highly bio-available sources.
Arginine 2.50% Histidine 1.00% Isoleucine 1.60% Leucine 2.80% Lysine 2.80% Methionine 0.85% Phenylalanine 1.60% Threonine 1.60% Tryptophan 0.50% Valine 1.90% Cystine 0.36%
- Botanicals mimic the natural diet, acting as tonics and builders to strengthen organs, aid digestion, and eliminate toxins by stimulating physiological processes, like cleansing the liver.
Chicory Root 200 mg/kg Turmeric 200 mg/kg Sarsaparilla Root 150 mg/kg Althea (Marshmallow) Root 150 mg/kg Rosehips 150 mg/kg Juniper Berries 150 mg/kg
RICH IN MEAT & PROTEIN Made with 90% quality animal ingredients, ORIJEN features a Biologically Appropriate protein level of 40%, which closely replicates the natural feline diet. FREEZE-DRIED INFUSIONS Each ORIJEN morsel is infused with freeze-dried meat and liver (prepared in our very own freeze-dry kitchen) and bursting with the natural savory flavors that all cats love. RICH IN HEALTHY FAT Animal fat are essential for your cat’s peak health. That’s why ORIJEN Cat & Kitten features naturally occurring, non-rendered fat from fresh poultry, fish, and egg ingredients. DHA AND EPA FROM FRESH FISH Fresh saltwater fish are a Biologically Appropriate source of DHA and EPA, which are essential for your cat’s immune and nervous systems. DHA and EPA are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut, or sunflower.
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age, and activity. That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
† Use a standard 8-ounce measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. ORIJEN Cat & Kitten is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet. Metabolizable energy is 4060 kcal/kg (463 kcal per 8oz. cup) with 39% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruit, and 44% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wildcat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat that cats have evolved to eat.
- All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 90% quality animal ingredients (2/3 fresh or raw; 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 10% vegetables and fruit
- 40% richly nourishing meat protein
- NO rendered chicken, turkey or other meat meals
- NO glutens or grains
- Fresh meat is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods and what our kitchen is specifically designed for.
- 2/3 of the meat ingredients are fresh or raw, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form
- 1/3 are dehydrated at low temperatures for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone
- ORIJEN is free of rendered chicken or turkey meals, which are replaced with dehydrated chicken and turkey
- In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meat. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Cat & Kitten features a rich diversity of fresh meat in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish your cat or kitten’s peak growth and development:
- Fresh free-run chicken from Kentucky farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from Indiana farms
- Fresh, whole yellowtail flounder, mackerel, and herring, wild-caught from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole prey animals to perfectly meet a carnivore’s dietary needs since predatory animals like wolves and wildcats, consume the whole animal. WholePrey represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements. The WholePrey diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Cartilage or Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in a natural form that your cat’s body can easily absorb.
- While cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates, some cat foods still contain large amounts of potato and tapioca. Biologically Appropriate ORIJEN Cat & Kitten is a protein-rich food featuring only fresh vegetables and fruit, which release sugar slowly and dramatically reduce the potential for fat storage.