BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE | ALL LIFE STAGES
RANCH-RAISED BEEF, WILD BOAR, BOER GOAT, GRASS-FED LAMB, YORKSHIRE PORK & WILD MACKEREL
FROM DACHSHUNDS TO GREAT DANES, ALL DOGS POSSESS A BIOLOGICAL NEED FOR A DIET RICH AND VARIED IN FRESH, WHOLE ANIMAL INGREDIENTS.
With 85% quality animal ingredients, ORIJEN Regional Red nourishes dogs of all life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
A full 2/3 of our meat ingredients are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients.
Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh meat (including muscle meat, organs, and cartilage or bone) provide virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive – only zinc is added.
Our dried-meat ingredients are specially prepared at 200°F from fresh meat, to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
Infusions of freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, giving ORIJEN a delicious taste that dog crave.
IS YOUR DOG'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws, and digestive system are all adapted for a meat-concentrated diet that’s rich in fresh meat and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate foods mirror the natural diet and answer three meat questions:
ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
All from animals from federally inspected facilities prior to inclusion in our foods.
2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
A variety of meats in WholePrey ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
ONLY 1 SUPPLEMENT – ZINC
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive. That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN dog foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus fresh cage-free eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive.
INGREDIENTS WE LOVE FROM PEOPLE WE TRUST
Deboned beef, deboned wild boar, deboned goat, deboned lamb, lamb liver, beef liver, beef tripe, wild boar liver, deboned mutton, beef heart, whole Atlantic mackerel, deboned pork, goat meal, beef meal, lamb meal, mackerel meal, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, beef kidney, pork liver, herring meal, mutton meal, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole navy beans, whole chickpeas, natural pork flavor, beef fat, lentil fiber, pork kidney, pollock oil, whole yellow peas, lamb tripe, wild boar heart, wild boar cartilage, beef cartilage, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, mixed tocopherols (preservative), dried kelp, zinc proteinate, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, freeze-dried beef liver, freeze-dried beef tripe, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried lamb tripe, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your dog shares his eating anatomy with the gray wolf, which means he’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein, and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 38 % Crude fat (min.) 18 % Crude fiber (max.) 4 % Moisture (max.) 12 % DHA (min.) 0.4 % EPA (min.) 0.2 % Calcium (min.) 1.9 % Phosphorus (min.) 1.4 % Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2 % Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 1 % Glucosamine* (min.) 400 mg/kg Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 400 mg/kg Total Microorganisms* (min.) (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus casei) 100MM CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
- ORIJEN foods mirror the natural diet, incorporating meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally and limit supplementation to zinc.
Vitamin A 40.0 kIU/kg Vitamin D3 1.20 kIU/kg Vitamin E 350 IU/kg Thiamine (B1) 23.0 mg/kg Riboflavin (B2) 35.0 mg/kg Pan. Acid (B5) 43.0 mg/kg Niacin (B3) 250 mg/kg Pyridoxine (B6) 25.0 mg/kg Folic Acid 2.00 mg/kg Vitamin B12 0.20 mg/kg Choline 2,400 mg/kg
Potassium 0.80 % Sodium 0.40 % Chloride 0.50 % Iron 300 mg/kg Copper 34.0 mg/kg Manganese 15.0 mg/kg Magnesium 0.14 % Zinc 170 mg/kg Iodine 1.50 mg/kg Selenium 0.70 mg/kg
- In nature, dogs and wolves meet their nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole prey animals and whole fish. Similarly, ORIJEN provides essential amino acids from natural and highly bio-available sources.
Arginine 2.46 % Histidine 0.87 % Isoleucine 1.41 % Leucine 2.76 % Lysine 2.51 % Methionine 0.73 % Phenylalanine 1.59 % Threonine 1.53 % Tryptophan 0.40 % Valine 1.85 % Cystiene 0.37 %
- Botanicals mimic the natural diet, acting as tonics and builders to strengthen organs, aid digestion, and eliminate toxins by stimulating physiological processes, like cleansing the liver.
Chicory Root 200 mg/kg Turmeric 200 mg/kg Sarsaparilla Root 150 mg/kg Althea (Marshmallow) Root 150 mg/kg Rosehips 150 mg/kg Juniper Berries 150 mg/kg
RICH IN MEAT & PROTEIN Loaded with 85% quality animal ingredients, ORIJEN Regional Red features a richly nourishing and Biologically Appropriate protein level of 38% to replicate your dog’s natural diet. RICH IN ANIMAL FAT Animal fat is essential for peak health. For amazing skin and coat conditioning, ORIJEN’s unique WholePrey ratios of fresh meat are naturally rich in essential fatty acids. DHA AND EPA FROM FRESH FISH Fresh, whole fish are a Biologically Appropriate source of DHA and EPA, which are essential for your dog’s immune and nervous systems. DHA and EPA are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut, or sunflower. GLUCOSAMINE & CHONDROITIN ORIJEN’s high WholePrey ratios of fresh meat and fish provide a rich and natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin, derived naturally from our fresh ingredients, so no synthetic sources are added to ORIJEN foods.
YOUR DOG IS UNIQUE
Your dog is unique and his feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age, and activity. That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember to always keep fresh, clean water available.
† Use a standard 8-ounce measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. ORIJEN Regional Red Dog is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages, except for growth of large size dogs (70 lb. or more as an adult).
ORIJEN Original provides more calories from protein and fat and fewer from carbohydrates, providing a calorie distribution that mirrors a natural diet. Calorie content (calculated): ME 3860 kcal/kg, (440 kcal per 8oz. cup). Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 39% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruit, and 42% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different-looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat that dogs have evolved to eat.
- All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from fish and meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his biological needs.
- 85% quality animal ingredients (2/3 fresh or raw; 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing protein
- Our dried meat ingredients are dried at 200 °F to create a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
- NO gluten or grains
- Meat is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meat ingredients are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form
- 1/3 are dehydrated at a low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone
- In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meat. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Regional Red features a rich diversity of fresh red meat and fish in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh ranch-raised beef from Kentucky ranches
- Fresh wild boar from Texas farms
- Fresh Boer goat from Kentucky farms
- Fresh grass-fed lamb from Kentucky farms
- Fresh Yorkshire pork from Kentucky farms
- Fresh, whole, wild-caught mackerel from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals to perfectly meet your dog’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc is added. The WholePrey diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog’s needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fat, and amino acids.
- Cartilage and Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in natural form your dog’s body can easily absorb.
- While dogs have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, some foods still contain large amounts of potato and tapioca. Biologically Appropriate ORIJEN Regional Red is a protein-rich food featuring only fresh vegetables and fruit which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.