BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ FOOD FOR ALL LIFE STAGES
NEW ENGLAND MACKEREL, HERRING, FLOUNDER, REDFISH, MONKFISH AND SILVER HAKE
A RICH DIVERSITY OF FRESH, SUSTAINABLE AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH INDIGENOUS TO NEW ENGLAND TO SATISFY YOUR CAT’S BIOLOGICAL NEED FOR A PROTEIN-RICH DIET.
IS YOUR FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Cats evolved as hunters – the structure of their teeth, jaws and digestive system scientifically classifies them as obligate carnivores, evolved to eat a meat-based diet. They require high concentrations of meat and fish, high inclusions of fresh meat, and a rich diversity of meat.
Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and are able to answer 3 meat questions:
- ORIJEN leads its class in nourishing fish inclusions.
- All from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- 2/3 of fish is FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
- 1/3 is dried fish prepared at 200°F from fresh whole fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing fish protein.
A variety of fresh whole, wild-caught New England fish supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
- Wild mackerel
- Wild herring
- Wild flounder
- Wild redfish
- Wild monkfish
- Wild silver hake
3 SUPPLEMENTS – CHOLINE, ZINC AND COPPER
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats and wildcats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally, by consuming whole prey animals.
Made with fresh whole fish, ORIJEN SIX FISH provides a richly nourishing and concentrated source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, naturally, without long lists of synthetic supplements, so only choline, zinc and copper are added.
INGREDIENTS WE LOVE FROM PEOPLE WE TRUST
Whole atlantic mackerel, whole atlantic herring, whole atlantic ﬂounder, whole acadian redﬁsh, atlantic monkﬁsh, whole silver hake, mackerel meal, herring meal, blue whiting meal, herring oil, whole green peas, whole navy beans, whole red lentils, alaskan cod meal, pollock meal, sunﬂower oil, whole pinto beans, whole chickpeas, natural ﬁsh ﬂavor, whole green lentils, whole yellow peas, safflower oil, lentil ﬁber, freeze-dried cod liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, dried kelp, pumpkin seeds, sunﬂower seeds, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), copper proteinate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried biﬁdobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your cat shares her eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wild cat – which means she’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 40 % Crude fat (min.) 20 % Crude fiber (max.) 3 % Moisture (max.) 10 % Calcium (min.) 1.5 % Phosphorus (min.) 1.3 % Magnesium (max.) 0.1 % Taurine (min.) 0.3 % Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2.5 % Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 2.1 % DHA (min.) 1.1 % EPA (min.) 0.65 %
FISH AND PROTEIN RICH
Loaded with 85% wild-caught fish ingredients, ORIJEN Six Fish features a richly nourishing and Biologically Appropriate™ protein level of 38% to replicate your cat’s natural diet.
RICH IN ESSENTIAL FISH OILS
For amazing skin and coat conditioning, ORIJEN’s unique WholePrey™ ratios of fresh fish are naturally rich in essential fatty acids, including Omega-3, DHA and EPA that are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut or sunflower.
Your cat’s natural diet contains few carbohydrates. That’s why ORIJEN is free of high-glycemic ingredients like potato, tapioca and starches, and contains half the carbohydrates of conventional dog foods.
ORIJEN foods mirror the natural diet, incorporating richly nourishing whole fish that deliver nutrients naturally, thus limiting supplementation to choline, zinc and copper.
(Typical analysis coming soon)
In nature, cat and wildcats meet their nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole prey animals and whole fish. Similarly, ORIJEN Six Fish provides essential amino acids from natural and highly bio-available sources.
(Typical analysis coming soon)
Botanicals mimic the natural diet, acting as tonics and builders to strengthen organs, aid digestion and eliminate toxins by stimulating physiological processes, like cleansing the liver.
Chicory Root 200 mg/kg Tumeric 200 mg/kg Sarsaparilla Root 150 mg/kg Althea (Marshmallow) Root 150 mg/kg Rosehips 150 mg/kg Juniper Berries 150 mg/kg
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN Six Fish distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Calorie content (calculated): ME 4060 kcal/kg, 463 kcal per 8oz. cup. Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 39% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruits, and 44% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wild cat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats.
While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too.
Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that cats are evolved to eat.
All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from fish and meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 90% fish (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 40% richly nourishing fish protein
- 100% of fish ingredients from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried fish is prepared at 200°F from fresh whole fish deemed fit for human consumption to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein (not the industry standard of bones and trimmings)
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
Fresh fish and meats are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the fish are fresh or raw, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of fish are dried and prepared at low temperature from fresh fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meats and fish. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Six Fish features a rich diversity of fresh fish in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish your cat’s peak health:
- Fresh whole wild mackerel from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh whole wild herring from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh whole wild flounder from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh whole wild redfish from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh whole wild monkfish from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh whole wild silver hake from New England’s Atlantic waters
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals to perfectly meet your cat’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey™ ratios of fish, organs, and cartilage mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only choline, zinc and copper are added.
The WholePrey™ diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Fish – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – densely packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb.
Cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates, conventional cat foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Six Fish is a protein-rich and carbohydrate limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.