BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ FOOD FOR ALL LIFE STAGES
ANGUS BEEF, WILD BOAR, BOER GOAT, ROMNEY LAMB, YORKSHIRE PORK & WILD MACKEREL
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE: MIRROR THE QUANTITY, FRESHNESS AND VARIETY OF MEATS YOUR CAT IS EVOLVED TO EAT.
IS YOUR FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Cats evolved as hunters – the structure of their teeth, jaws and digestive system scientifically classifies them as obligate carnivores, evolved to eat a meat-based diet. They require high concentrations of meat, high inclusions of fresh meat, and a rich diversity of meat.
Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and are able to answer 3 meat questions:
- ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
- All from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- 2/3 of meats are fresh or raw and loaded with goodness.
- 1/3 is dried meats prepared at 200°F from fresh meats to create a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein.
A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
- Angus beef
- Wild boar
- Boer goat
- Romney lamb
- Yorkshire pork
- Wild-caught mackerel
ONLY 1 SUPPLEMENT – ZINC
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole prey animals to perfectly meet your cat’s dietary needs.
That’s why ORIJEN features richly nourishing ratios of poultry, organs and cartilage plus whole fish to provide a concentrated source of virtually every nutrient your cat or kitten needs to thrive, naturally. So you won’t find long lists of synthetic supplements, so only zinc is added.
INGREDIENTS WE LOVE FROM PEOPLE WE TRUST
Deboned beef, deboned wild boar, deboned goat , deboned lamb, lamb liver, beef liver, beef tripe, wild boar liver, deboned mutton, beef heart, whole atlantic mackerel, deboned pork, goat meal, wild boar meal, lamb meal, mackerel meal, whole green peas, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, beef kidney, pork liver, beef meal, mutton meal, beef fat, herring meal, whole yellow peas, whole chickpeas, pork heart, pork kidney, natural pork ﬂavor, whole green lentils, whole navy beans, herring oil, lamb tripe, lentil ﬁber, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, dried kelp, freeze-dried beef liver, freeze-dried beef tripe, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried lamb tripe, pumpkin seeds, sunﬂower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried biﬁdobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your cat shares her eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wild cat – which means she’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 40 % Crude fat (min.) 20 % Crude fiber (max.) 3 % Moisture (max.) 10 % Calcium (min.) 1.9 % Phosphorus (min.) 1.4 % Magnesium (max.) 0.1 % Taurine (min.) 0.2 % Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2 % Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 1.2 % DHA (min.) 0.45 % EPA (min.) 0.25 %
MEAT AND PROTEIN RICH
Loaded with 90% meat ingredients, ORIJEN Regional Red features a richly nourishing and Biologically Appropriate™ protein level of 40% to replicate your cat’s natural diet.
RICH IN ANIMAL FAT
Animal fats are essential for peak health. For amazing skin and coat conditioning, ORIJEN’s unique WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats are naturally rich in essential fatty acids.
DHA AND EPA FROM FRESH FISH
Fresh whole fish are a Biologically Appropriate™ source of DHA and EPA, which are essential for your cat’s immune and nervous systems. DHA and EPA are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut or sunflower.
Your cat’s natural diet contains few carbohydrates. That’s why ORIJEN is free of high-glycemic ingredients like potato and tapioca, and contains less than half the carbohydrates of conventional cat foods.
ORIJEN foods mirror the natural diet, incorporating meat, organs, and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally and limit supplementation to zinc.
(Typical analysis coming soon)
In nature, cats and wildcats meet their nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole prey animals and whole fish. Similarly, ORIJEN Regional Red provides essential amino acids from natural and highly bio-available sources.
(Typical analysis coming soon)
Botanicals mimic the natural diet, acting as tonics and builders to strengthen organs, aid digestion and eliminate toxins by stimulating physiological processes, like cleansing the liver.
Chicory Root 200 mg/kg Tumeric 200 mg/kg Sarsaparilla Root 150 mg/kg Althea (Marshmallow) Root 150 mg/kg Rosehips 150 mg/kg Juniper Berries 150 mg/kg
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN Regional Red distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Calorie content (calculated): ME 4060 kcal/kg, 463 kcal per 8oz. cup. Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 39% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruits, and 44% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wild cat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats.
While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too.
Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that cats are evolved to eat.
All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics is designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 90% red meats and fish (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 40% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of red meat and fish ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried meats are prepared from fresh meats deemed fit for human consumption, and dried at 200 °F to create a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
Fresh meats are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats are fresh or raw, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Regional Red features a rich diversity of fresh red meats and fish in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish your cat’s peak health:
- Fresh Angus beef from Kentucky ranches
- Fresh wild boar from Texas farms
- Fresh Boer goat from local Kentucky farms
- Fresh Romney lamb from local Kentucky farms
- Fresh Yorkshire pork from local Kentucky farms
- Fresh whole wild-caught mackerel from New England’s Atlantic waters
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals to perfectly meet your cat’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey™ ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc is added.
The WholePrey™ diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – densely packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb
Cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates, conventional cat foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Regional Red is a protein-rich and carbohydrate limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.